View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 08:55 AM   #26
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetchy View Post
Second patch affected home screen and book list. I'm not found where it used yet. But it not needed for Russian language. Because we haven't translated to Russian UI, and all language sensitive text use Georgia.
@dmapr has responded to this one in post #24.

Quote:
Now I have 2 place, where text looks ugly.
1. When I open menu in reading mode I see Back to home in top of menu
Am I correct in saying this is more a personal aesthetics problem rather than a functional problem reading the text? If your locale is English then the button text contains no Cyrillic, but it is a bit bold and blocky.

As such, I can probably create a patch for you but I'm not sure it would be used by enough people to warrant including it in the standard pack. If that assumption is clearly wrong (based on repeated requests in the main kobopatch threads) then obviously I'll add it to the standard pack. I'll post a beta for you when I've got a bit more time.

Quote:
and Chapter name on bottom. And bottom text has additional spaces.
Perhaps you missed one of the new patches Custom page navigation scrubber. See the screenshots for Image3 (unpatched) and Image4 (patched)

Quote:
2. Progress of reading (page 1 of 50) in header and footer.
Quote:
In first case I used Cuprum font (it sideloaded) and it works fine. But it applied only for part of header/footer. Patch change book/chapter title, but not effect to progress of page.
I had hoped that this thread's patch 'Custom GUI system fonts beta1' might have had an effect on the bold part. It needs more investigation. To do that it would be helpful if I had:
  • a real Cyrillic epub (no DRM) to play with. MR user Semwize has now done this
  • your Cuprum font files
You can't post copyright material here but if you have any kind of Cloud storage then zip them up and PM me a link.

Last edited by jackie_w; 10-02-2019 at 09:12 AM. Reason: ETA - Semwize has sent me a Cyrillic epub
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote