View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I would love the Kobo Aura, if it didn't have such severe QC issues, it would be about perfect. Small, light weight, lighted, user controlled margins and fonts, flush bezel, 4gb, SD card slot....so much to like! It sounds absolutely perfect! But I am afraid to order one at this time. My Glo is the next best thing.
I'm not sure how bad Kobo's QC really is. Yes, there are a number of people complaining about issues on the Kobo forum here, but how many other people have perfect devices? I know I fall into the latter camp. Remember, the internet skews towards bad, since the people who aren't having issues don't have incentive to go online and complain. Based on some of the support threads (and my own experience with a bad tracking number), Kobo doesn't have the best support system in place, but that's not the same as having horrible product QC.

Or take a different example. When the 2012 KPW launched, a "large" number of people here complained about issues with the light, with color banding dim spots, and other issues. Is that representative of the actual quality of the KPW? I'd say no. My wife has a KPW1 that she bought launch day (pre-ordered, even) and it's been perfect just as my Aura 6" has been perfect.

If you want an Aura but still are worried about Kobo, just wait until they're available in a retail store near you. That will make the return/replacement scenario easier if you run into that. But you probably won't.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote