View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #120
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I can work at a computer for hours, but when I do, i notice that I change my focal length frequently, and often look away from the screen.

When I read on my Kindle, I don't look away much, but concentrate on the screen.

This past week-end, I watched two episodes of Castle on TV, then the next day I saw John Carter in the movie theater, and the day after watched the video of Going Postal, which runs for about 4 hours. At all three of these events, I was staring at the screen with few if any looking away times. I ended the weekend with a screaming headache. this is not uncommon for me when I watch TV or movies a lot (more than maybe an hour a day)

So for me, e-ink is the preferred medium particularly for sustained concentration. I can't imagine trying to read for hours on a transmitted light screen without lots of breaks or distractions.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote