View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 01:39 AM   #118
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
My only experience with e-ink was a Nook 1st Edition in my possession for about a week while I set it up as a gift.
To be fair to the medium, shouldn't you try a few later eInk models to see how you like their screens? I'm talking about a single hour in an electronics store, not weeks of your life.

Differences in preference might have something to do with the quality of each person's vision and the level of pain they experience with eye-strain. If your sight is robust, then perhaps you don't feel the need to baby yours as do many of our nearly blind MR brethren and cistern (sorry about the pun). If I hadn't noticed a distinct difference in how my eyes felt using eInk, and if the print and images hadn't been more readable for me, then the benefits of having a backlit screen would have prevailed and I, too, would own a color tablet.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote