View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #113
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I haven't done much book reading on LCD screens, but last night I got a Nook Color to try out (and tweak) before passing on to friend. I thought it would be great idea to do my bedtime reading on it, and it sure was very convenient with the backlit screen. (And what a good screen!)
However, during the night I noticed that the book pages sort of "followed" me and disturbed my sleep. Not the book content, but the vision of the pages. That has never happened when using my eInk devices!
Also I woke up with a headache, but that could very well be just a conicident.
Today I have played a lot with the Nook Color, and I do notice that I have trouble focusing now (it's after 11 pm over here). Days when I have spent the whole day reading on eInk I don't have that problem.
Having said that, I do think devices like the Nook Color are amazing and most people probably don't have as sensitive (old, tired) eyes as I do.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote