View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #17
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
Hold for 20, 30 seconds or as long as it takes until it turns off. Failing that, unplug it and leave it and it will probably drain the battery in a matter of hours. Then plug it in and turn it on. And make the wifi sleep policy NEVER.
OK, here I am a day later. As you said the Vox would lose its battery power over night and it did. The orange light is on so I have plugged it into the charger. When the green light comes on I will then again do the long hold on the on/off switch and I assume the three lights below the screen should go out when the Vox is turned off. So far nothing has had this happen, these lights are on all the time. If I cannot turn off the Vox I will do the factory reset in accordance with the instructions on the Kobo site, which includes holding the + side of the volume control. This will wipe out all my installed apps, files I put in, etc. Then I go back on the WiFi and reload the software updates etc. I go to Kobo bookstore and recover my lost books, re-install my lost apps, and turn off the sleep function in setup so I never go down this road again. Do I have this about right?
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote