View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 08:20 AM   #9
Dark123
Zealot
Dark123 doesn't litterDark123 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
If we're talking about the UK, I'm not so sure about this. The low prices on Sony Readers at the moment are because they are clearing out old stock. By Christmas the new Sony devices will be in the shops, and (if Sony's pronouncements are to be believed) they will be more expensive than the Kindle.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new (touchscreen?) PRS-350 was priced at around the same point as the current PRS-300 was before the recent discounts, i.e. at about £125.

The other, smaller manufacturers would have to make significant and probably painful drops to compete with the Kindle price.

I see no incentive there for Amazon to drop their K3 prices.

Graham
You are forgetting Boxing Day as well. For non-UK http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day
It's after Christmas and this is a day when a lot of shops have sales just for Boxing day. It's the worst day to shop, everywhere is packed full of people.

I am hoping they become under £50 barrier. I will probably buy a new one when this happens.
And/or the price of the eBooks go cheaper than their paperback or hardcover counter parts.
Dark123 is offline   Reply With Quote