View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 02:23 AM   #20
dls81
Enthusiast
dls81 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sromain View Post
thanks for both of your suggestions....the Aluratek Libre looks intriguing.

That being said, would like to hold out and see if anyone has actually found the Army pub's to be readable on the small 5" format.

I'm in Iraq, so between shipping times and the thought of having to return it...I'd hate to jump to a decision quickly.

Thanks for the help!
I just bought the Libre... I was sort of limited in my selection since I had to find something at a decent price being sold by a company that would ship to an FPO (I'm in the middle east as well). The Libre fits perfectly in my cargo pocket of my DCU's, and as soon as I got it I downloaded files in the different supported formats to see which ones worked best. Although I have a preference for epub at this point, I also downloaded some pdf documents from school and they show up small but definitely nicely formatted. I recommend reading them in landscape format, and they zoom nicely. I would like it if they would completely reformat so that you wouldn't need to scroll to read them, but I'm not sure if any devices do that.

For your needs, including price range, I recommend it. I ordered it through Tiger Direct and it got here in about a week. Just make sure you have a calling card because for some reason they always want to talk to you on the phone after your order to verify your cc is really yours.
dls81 is offline   Reply With Quote