Thread: Restore DB
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 06:50 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Yes, it is, but you must keep in mind that restoring an older db can break db/file system synchronization. If a title or an author was changed between the backup and the restore, then the file system will reflect the new data but the db will reflect the old. Calibre will be unable to find the formats or covers for books in this state.

You can use check library to find these problems. In most cases (all that I can think of), you can recover by renaming the 'extra authors/titles' to what calibre wants them to be, which will be shown in 'missing authors/titles'.
Oh, I didn't mean the .db file only... I meant the entire Calibre DB. I already had a backup, but that one was so old (2 weeks, at least!) that it was horribly outdated...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote