Thread: Restore DB
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 07:27 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Yep, it works.
Thanks.
Quote:
and they taught me to test all border-line cases when I went to school (I should have become a tester instead of a software developer! )
I agree, both on the testing and your predilection to do strange things. Unfortunately, the 100% goal is almost impossible to reach on complex systems, because the number of test cases is almost infinite.

The other problem is that we don't have a regression test platform for calibre. All of the template problems you have found actually did work at one point. The errors were introduced later, in these cases when fixing bugs or adding features in related areas. With the resources we have, it is more efficient to recruit users to help with the testing then to spend weeks trying (and failing) to do it ourselves.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote