View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 02:53 PM   #11
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
The $9.99 Kindle price is attractive for new books out in hardcover. But with delays in ebook releases and/or the $9.99 pricing, I found that waiting has the benefit of watching paper prices drop.

Its become clear the Kindle prices often do not drop along with paper pricing (and if it does, the savings is often minimal).

For the first time in 2 years, I find myself buying paper books again because of pricing.

Here are some paper books, I've purchased this month - all new, all from Amazon...all more expensive on the Kindle.

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
1 "The Elegance of the Hedgehog"
Muriel Barbery; Paperback; $7.50
1 "The School of Essential Ingredients"
Erica Bauermeister; Hardcover; $5.44
1 "The Housekeeper and the Professor: A Novel"
Yoko Ogawa; Paperback; $5.60
1 "The Cellist of Sarajevo"
Steven Galloway; Hardcover; $8.56
1 "LoveHampton"
Sherri Rifkin; Paperback; $4.25
1 "In an Instant: A Family's Journey of Love and Healing"
Lee Woodruff; Paperback; $3.14

I'd rather buy ebooks but I am a firm believer that the price needs to be below what I can get it for in print.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote