View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 06:42 PM   #387
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly1234 View Post
That's all very interesting, but I have a problem with putting several books by the same author on my Kobo Clara.
Yesterday, I added 14 books by Sebastian Fitzek, and they ended up in three different folders: Fitzek, Sebastian Fitzek & Sebastian Fitzek & Michael Tsokos , which is very annoying.
Any suggestions?
The first thing to do is to explain the problem properly and ask the right question. The above doesn't agree with the problem you are reporting elsewhere. That seemed to be about sorting whereas this seems to be about the directory structure on the device. Though, I'm not completely sure what you are actually saying is wrong. I mean, is that one long name, or is it three smaller names without separators. You also haven't stated how these directories were created.

The most likely answer to this is that you are using calibre to send the books to the device. And if that is the case, it is working as designed and doing exactly what you have told it to do. The directory structure and file names used by calibre when sending books to the device is specified by you. There are defaults, and I guess you have not changed them. What you need to do is look at the save template in whichever of the KoboTouch or KoboTouchExtended driver you are using. There is plenty of discussion in the calibre forum of what can be used for the templates. There is also some here, but, it may not be as detailed.

Beyond that, with the information available, we can't really help. You don't really state what the problem is. I think it comes down to, "I don't like the file and directory names used". If that is the case, then thing we need to know is what you want them to be. And some proper examples of what the file names are. And as @DNSB suggested above, and was suggested before, you almost definitely need to cleanup the metadata in your books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote