View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 12:45 PM   #376
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes and no.

Firstly, are you talking about using "FullScreenReading=true" in the config file, or are you using a 4.11.x firmware that has the options to hide the title and footer? The difference is that the latter has a larger margin at the bottom than the older way. That mean there will be a bigger gap than might be desired.

But, just as important is the font size and other layout settings. The renderer will not put a line on the screen if it doesn't fit. This means that if there is not quite the space for a line including the line spacing, then the new page will be started. And with a larger font, plus any built in margin, there can be a lot of seemingly wasted space.
Thank you for your reply, davidfor; I'm talking about the "FullScreenReading=true" mod. I've noticed that the bottom margin is always bigger than the top, left and right margins: I also tried applying the 'custom default kepub margins' patch from GeoffR, which is supposed to set all margins for kepub books to 0, but no change. I'll change the line-height and size of the font I use, and see if I can mitigate the effect.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote