View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #18
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
I'm not certain I follow you. The Samsung smartphones I've owned have all allowed third-party ROMs after rooting. It's no coincidence the company hired Steve Kondick of Cyanogen based on the third-party ROMs he'd created for various Galaxy and pre-Galaxy devices.
I think Verizon's Galaxy S3 had (has?) a locked bootloader even though the other flavors of GS3 didn't, so that might be the issue. Also, Samsung (and to be fair, almost everyone else) always put their own UI on their phones instead of plain Android, which is a big issue for some (e.g., the Samsung remote wipe issue a couple weeks ago.) The Nexus branded phones get stock Android and don't have the extra, uninstallable without rooting apps that most phones have. I have a Galaxy S/Captivate, it works ok, but it definitely needed Cyanogen to get to where I am happy with it.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote