View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 08:02 AM   #2
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojisube View Post
It seems to me that the version of FBReader that comes with the Kepler Pro is not the full version. I tried installing the FBReader app from the Play tore, but it wouldn't install.

Is there a workaround to get the full version installed?
The trouble is most probably that their modified FBReader is already installed but using its original package name - which prevents from installing more versions.
The forum should still contain my own modification of FBReader, which chiefly allows portrait two-columns view (newspaper-like). It can be installed alongside the embedded one.
To achieve that, you have to repackage the application, using apktool, and change its "package name".

I must note that since a few years, FBReader had "white on white" menus and similar visual glitches.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote