View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
HarryHutton
Connoisseur
HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryHutton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Voyage, Samsung Note 10.1, Nook Simple Touch, M92
@Kumabjorn
Cheers! Sounds good, especially like the wireless keyboard and kickstand idea - it would be like a laptop you could use in the sun.

Wireless keyboard and other add-ons are planned - you should be able to attach whatever you want to it, compatibility will be handled via apps.
In terms of writing and drawing, interchangeable nibs - ie chisel tip, markers, maybe brushes too. Common commands would certainly be investigated.

180 degree folding of the actual screen might not be possible, but durable covers and dual-screen hinged books would be.

Dual microSD slots for hotswapping (you put the new one in whilst the device is still on, wait a sec for info to be transferred, then take the old card out of the other slot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
i think you should call it the noteslate II and set up a whole website around the device and see how many people and tech sites will believe you are more than just a design student looking for a good grade on your project.
Came across that several times during research, I'm not sure what the guy is doing currently but the surge of interest that met his pictures can only inform me that there is a potential market for the idea?
On the other hand, I am looking to prototype this soon.

Last edited by HarryHutton; 06-24-2012 at 06:00 PM.
HarryHutton is offline   Reply With Quote