View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #20
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Very rarely for paid purchases, and only for things which are not only not available normally in my region, but also for a very good price and something I'd truly like to have.

I otherwise prefer to have my official purchasing stats show that Canadians like and appreciate low-cost deals made available to us.

I don't think I'd bother to do it for a merely somewhat lower regular cost on something, or for a hypothetically broadened selection. And I know I've passed on rather good deals in the US stores on stuff that I'd have been pleased to purchase if it had been made openly available to Canadians for the same price, but I can live without because I don't really need to own an e-edition and the library probably has a copy anyway.

I think I've done it for a total of 7 books out of the literally hundreds I've actually spent real money for.

Of course, it helps that I get mostly non-Agency books (or books that are non-Agency for Canadian purchasing purchases) and can use Kobo discount coupons, and that the selection in Canada is generally already fairly good, and that I live in an area with readily accessible well-stocked libraries and have no physical difficulties reading paper-printed versions of books.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote