View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 12:02 PM   #719
U2Bono269
Connoisseur
U2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad Air 2
As a user of Nook products since their inception (Nook 1E, Simple Touch), I wanted to chime in with my own impressions of the Kobo Aura. I'm generally really impressed so far. I love the smaller size and weight. The UI is much cleaner and easier to use than Nook's. Perhaps my favorite thing about it is that it displays the book cover when sleeping...no more slightly-caricatured sketches of authors for me.

I did find a single pinprick issue with the light turned on. I don't mind it enough to go through returns or whatever. Considering I bought it direct from Kobo at a $40 discount, it's just not worth it. There are no retailers around me. Besides, the blemish is on the margins, and if I set the light at a setting I would use, it's hardly noticeable.

The onboard storage is enough for me. I've heard complaints about the microSD slot, but I don't anticipate needing to use it. I just read fiction, so I can fit a lot.

Overall, the device is fantastic, and I'm really kind of disappointed they're not more prevalent in the US.
U2Bono269 is offline   Reply With Quote