View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #709
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
I should probably update my initial somewhat harsh impressions of the Aura after after a few weeks use. I complained that the screen contrast wasn't great and that the screen was yellow. I started using the light and I can see that it's designed to be used with the light on. I really love that flush bezel but I find the touch screen sometimes faila to register an input. I switched to swiping due to this and this works a little better. Other than the single pin-prick screen defect and the sometimes unresponsive touch screen, I'm quite impressed with the Aura.

I've also had a strange issue with a book that won't work on the Aura but works fine on my android tablet. I bought this book in America so I don't really feel I can complain about it. When I try to change between chapters, I get an Oops, this book cannot be opened error. I assume the book is defective since I've redownloaded it a number of times with the same result. The books is the Warrior anthology edited by George RR Martin and Gardner Dozois which isn't available in my local Kobo store.
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote