Thread: PRS-505 Sideloading Possible?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 12:52 AM   #17
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
What no poster mentioned was that the original PRS-505 firmware did NOT support EPUB files. Long enough ago so everyone apparently assumed that all Sony PRS-505 readers would have been updated by now, if they even knew about the original files compatibility limitation. In this case that was not a safe assumption. Glad I finally thought to check firmware revision level after reading that as originally introduced the PRS-505 did not support Epub files.Thank the internet for still having the needed info and the correct update file for the PRS-505. I also have a NOS PRS-350 on the way. I hope that this thread helps someone else.

Last edited by Richwood; 12-06-2017 at 12:54 AM.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote