View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 06:09 PM   #9
mikea
mikea began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakumar View Post
I tried leaving a comment on their blog site but it looks like they've deleted the link to my video and my article when I checked just now. No idea why.
Hey Jaya ... please don't think we've deleted your post, honestly! We actually just had a few logistical issues - turns out our CMS required someone to approve the comment before it get's posted. Anyhow, now that we know we have to approve comments, we are!

You're absolutely right in most of your comments, it's just a proof of concept. In fact, we considered porting Android to Gumstix (we're glad we didn't since you are already there with it!) but we chose the BeagleBoard path simply because it's a more up-to-date development environment and is more capable than the PXA device on the Gumstix. One of our interests here is exposing E-Ink to creative developers - people that are more apt to programming in Java rather than C.

The driver is definitely not optimized by any means. But just to clarify, the flashing is needed in every scenario that I've seen in which quality grayscale is required - otherwise you'll get ghosting (many of you have probably seen this before). Going black-to-white can be more responsive, as you've shown.

BTW I really like the eyes in your last video there ;-)
mikea is offline   Reply With Quote