View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 01:28 AM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I would really expect that it would be the Amazon MARKETING dept you need to talk to for an answer rather than the engineering dept. I'm sure they could do it from a technical perspective if they wanted, but obviously (right or wrong) they don't see the economic advantage of doing so yet.
Yep. Obviously Amazon figured waterproofing and built-in Audible support was more important than installing colored LEDs. Maybe Amazon is not yet happy with the quality control of the night lighting yet. I don't know, I expected the new Paperwhite to have night lighting also, but I didn't expect it to be waterproof (so, obviously, someone else's priorities). If they did both it would probably bump the Paperwhites out of $130 range and they wouldn't have a "low-end," front-lit reader.

Suggestion to the original poster, since this is your second thread on this subject it's obvious you want a Reader with colored LEDs. Kobo makes readers with colored LEDs as does Barnes & Noble and several others. You might want to look at one of these. I don't know what more I can say. Amazon's priorities don't match yours.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote