View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 08:06 AM   #20
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This mistake is one of my pet peeves that would drop me out of a book. It's "a European". [...]
Sure, but since I was stopping to highlight as a prime example of racism, I was already "out" of the book, so didn't care much. I would be interested some time to go through a more modern translation to see how it reads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think he would if he knew that it was today's paper and not yesterday's.
As someone that pays no attention to the lands he is (so rapidly) passing, it seems doubtful to me that he'd bother with local newspapers - what could they possibly contain to interest him?
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote