View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 08:21 AM   #1
milo1984
milo1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
KT3: nested (or even un-nested) document collections?

Hi all,

Apologies if this question has been asked before, but I have tried my best to wade through the impressive quantity of info on this forum around possible options, but I'm a bit lost.

My question is what methods (if any) are available for the KT3 to create nested collections of documents, or failing that un-nested collections of documents, on a PC and then sync them to the Kindle?

I read a lot of papers for my job (in PDF format), and would love to be able to organise them into nested collections, or even un-nested collections. I know you can make collections within the Kindle, but it's horrifically slow to do, and unless I'm missing something you also can't do this on Kindle cloud collections (only books can be added to collections). So I want to be able to do this painlessly on my PC and then just sync with the Kindle. Is this so much to ask?

I'm happy to go down the jailbreak route, but if there are any more simple options available I'd love to hear them. If jailbreaking is the only option it appears that the KOreader offers this function, but confirmation would be welcome, along with whether jailbreaking the KT3 is possible with FW 5.8.2.1 (I'm unclear on this).

Thank you
milo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote