View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 10:22 AM   #79
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I respect that you hold a different view, and I know that you respect my point of view. My concern is that someone could end up destroying the entire eBook industry by getting an ignorant jury to agree to something that they don't really understand.
It's a fair concern. I'm not sure I agree that it would destroy the eBook industry to have DRM brought down, though. Baen is doing pretty well without it, as are several publishers in the romance genre, apparently. I know the publishers want DRM, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's in their best interests to have it. It's expensive and it may be blocking sales they would realize if they dropped it.

I confess I don't feel I know the answer to this one, though.

Regarding the law around licensing, the question is whether the license restriction is legal. I don't know. I'm well out of my depth in terms of the law in this case. I've read that there is some question on this matter, but I don't know how accurate that is.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote