View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 07:25 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermx View Post
So is the Cybook GEN3 better than the sony reader. I cant seem to find any videos about it that5 are in english. Which ways is it better than the PRS500
the sony reader has a nicer design. I did find one difference though. the Gen3 is 600x800 pixels whilst the sony reader is 800x600. if thats the case i think i prefer the reader. unless there is pure proof why gen3 is better.
The hardware of the two machine is extremely similar. Both have 800x600 pixel screens. The only real difference is that the CyBook will have a later-generation eInk screen which is slightly more "contrasty" (40% rather than 35% reflectivity) and faster to refresh. My suspicion is that this won't make any real difference in practice, but we'll see.

Software-wise, the CyBook will support MobiPocket format books compared with Sony's custom BBeB format. This could be significant if you want to buy commercial eBooks. I don't, so it's of no relevance to me.

Quote:
If it costs so much to import il just have to find a way to import it from ebay.
You'll still have to pay import duty + VAT no matter who you buy it from - it's the law. I bought my Reader from eBay.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote