View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Question Increase in Sony Connect Library?

I wanted to run this by the group. Although they boast over 11,000 books available on Connect, when are they going to get a significant boost? We all get the e-mails with maybe 10-12 books added per week.....but it is so limited. With Itunes, if I don't feel like going to the store, or I want to save a couple of dollars on a CD, I can download, and they almost always have what I am looking for.

I am really looking forward to a true bookstore experience where most times when walking into a store, I have no idea what book to buy, I look around and find one by browsing. Or when someone suggests a book, I tend to write it down, go to the store and buy it.

I was really hoping to be able to get that experience when I bought my reader, but with the limited titles in Connect, I have found only 1 title out of at least 20 recommendations from friends that are available, and I have to REALLY hunt to find a new one when I am just browsing around. I am really looking forward to a true bookstore experience. What's holding it back at this point? Does anyone think there will be improvements in expanding their library anytime in the near future, or are we a long wait away from that? Am I expecting too much hoping this becomes similar to an Itunes/Ipod experience? It seems like Sony has slowed on the marketing of the reader while new competitors are lingering around ready to release other devices. I haven't seen much buzz or news on the reader in a while. I hope Sony isn't on the fringe of making this another obsolete Librie.
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote