View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #113
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I ended up doing exactly this, and until I get a windfall and can afford a new MacBook Pro, I think it was the right decision.
That SSD model starts up in like 8 seconds. Amazing.

Dual booting back and forth to ChrUbuntu on the HDD machine is also remarkably fast, but truthfully, as this is a just a secondary machine, and has an RDP client, I will probably stay in ChromeOS most of the time.

Now, if anyone wants to unload a cheap Macintosh of some kind so I can do iOS development, drop me a line....

Note to any one else shopping, Best Buy has a different model number for the $199 SSD model:
C710-2833
I've not been able to determine any other difference.
I saw some different models too.
At least briefly Acer offered 4GB, and a bigger battery for the C7 for $279. (or maybe $289)
Then I saw the 4GB with no mention of a bigger battery at Amazon for $259.

Crucial battery says you can add 2GB to make a total of 4GB for $16.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote