View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthowl View Post
I have a Nexus 7, it was an early xmas present, but when I plug it into my computer with calibre running, or start Calibre with it already plugged in, it seems to take several minutes 'scanning the device'. When I open jobs it seems to be scanning the entire 32gigs. Is there a way to make it scan only 1 directory? Or 1 directory and all it's sub-directories would be even better?

Also, not interested in CC. I already bought Calibre Library and never got it working on my old Pandigital. I just want to use Calibre to transfer my books to my device when I'm ready for a new selection.

It's really not that terrible, I guess, with the time it takes. But sitting around waiting several minutes for it to scan for the few books I have on there seems wasteful and a bit frustrating. It makes me not want to do it that often. I love to read, but sitting there watching it slowly scan through id's and then my images folders is... well, kind of like watching paint dry.

I guess I can just 'save to disk' and then drag and drop the files into my Nexus 7's Books folder. But I'm hoping there's a setting that I've overlooked that'll make it scan in only a specific location.

Sorry if the tone of this seems like a complaint. I Googled and read a post about someone having a long scanning issue and it frustrated me that he was basically hounded to buy the CC thing. It never said anything about being able to select a folder to scan, or not. lol Basically wasted my time reading a commercial I guess.
Question has been asked before (recently).

Answer: Not at this time.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote