View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Hi Gecko - yes, that side is always OK , they get into my account OK, but I then can't get into the appp to see, or read, or transfer it !
However, I have now (again!) uninstalled and re-installed a new one, and, naturally, it's working fine ..... And I've now got up to date again.

Watch this space, I think ! And I'll keep me fingies x-ed ......

Yes, as did I, susan - it just seemed to pick on me, and decide to throw a wobbly for no reason I can find.
Wish it would pick on someone else ! (Not you, of course ... )

Anyway, I live in hope - at least, I try to !
When XP starts acting like this it's usually a corrupted O/S sometimes you can repair it but most of the times with XP a reinstall is in order but before I do anything drastic like that I would uninstall the program, then clean out the temp folders and anything in app data that is from Amazon. I would then go through the registry or if you feel comfortable enough you can use a registry cleaner one that let's you select what to clean. Another you could clean out is the Prefetch folder. In case it's something related to it. I can't tell you how many times I had to do this with certain programs when I was using XP.

You will need to redownload any books after this.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-24-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote