View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #21
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Thanks for these explanations. I am sometimes facing practical problems like this one:

This is the printed text, using smallcaps: screenshot smallcap on the left. We can see that capitals have the height of lowercase letters.

This is the copy made with fake caps: screenshot fake which uses a simple code which looks clean, but it's not smallcaps and it's not quite right:
Code:
 <p class="Corpspetit">LE MUSÉE NOIR <i>(Robert Laffont, 1946).</i></p>
Corpspetit uses font-size:0.75em which applies for everything inside but I do not get with the fake capitals "the height of lowercase letters". I think I should probably have added to this code a special 0.75em span for the fake?

I wonder how to write it with smallcaps.... Either the italics are too small or too big. I need a paragraph to wrap the line of code and inside a span for the smallcap. For smallcaps I usually write in the span the font-family. Should I also add a font-size:0.75em?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	smallcap.png
Views:	208
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	94105   Click image for larger version

Name:	fake.png
Views:	212
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	94106  

Last edited by roger64; 10-14-2012 at 05:55 PM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote