View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #376
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Both PWs are boxed up and ready for the UPS tomorrow. It feels strange since I've never had to return a Kindle model before. I kind of feel betrayed by on old friend here. I hope Amazon really does pursue this issue, but my gut feeling tells me it will simply get swept under the rug. Too many people are posting picks of their "perfect" PWs that have the same issues as ours, so I suspect with that many people happy with them Amazon won't take this issue seriously. Next years model will probably be the next hope of seeing a good PW.
Yeah, pretty much in the same boat, and running out of things to even say about the situation. At this point I truly believe that some people can't 'see' the problems, and while I envy them, I hope that the engineers who get the problem units don't have the same (apparent) colorblindness. But I've never seen a pic posted yet that doesn't have it (and sirmaru never posted pics of his mythical perfect unit, as far as I know), so the return-go-'round seems pointless.

So: will probably return #2 next week.

The next time I'll have anything useful to add to the conversation will be Oct 19th, when the SO's gets here. (Unless Kindle support contacts me sooner to follow up on the unit I sent to Cupertino--honestly I don't expect them to, I was glad to try to help out.)

My gut instinct is that we won't see improved units until November at the earliest, but I have no idea how Amazon has handled this kind of thing in the past.

Thanks for everyone's input and support through all this. It's been nice meeting you all.

Edited to add: I feel kind of bad about the people who are so excited to be able to pre-order to the EU/UK now, because I can't imagine those first units won't have the same problems, but I feel like if I go post about it in those threads, I'll look like a troll. (If the situation was reversed, I would consider me to be a troll, heh.)

Last edited by Trauma Doll; 10-11-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote