View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #284
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
@GM: Your right, these library links are f...ed to hell and gone.
Hmm... Maybe that "manifest" list included symlinks and my "find" command did not - will check this image out a bit more before I commit to using it.
At least symlinks take almost no space on the root partition so we can restore the missing ones (i.e. things that pre-installed amazon apps don't need). We can only hope they do not add a dumb-ass startup script that deletes library symlinks, or our "jailbreak" will have to override it...

The nook simple touch is on sale at sears.com with free shipping now, for only $79.99, and when rooted it can do a LOT more stuff than a jailbroken kindle touch (and being android, it can even run angry birds, but with "eink smears"). With amazon OTA updates breaking our kindle toys without our permission, the nook is looking awfully tempting (much more "bang for the buck"), it has excellent "rooting" reviews, and USB OTA support is already working (see external USB keyboard here): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=165011

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-05-2012 at 03:44 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote