Thread: Mantano App
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 06:46 AM   #24
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
Agreed. I think there was an issue in an earlier version of Android that was resolved, but the urban legend continues.

If you really need to stop an app, just go to settings -> applications -> the app name -> force stop button

While not absolutely necessary, if you need to shut down a misbehaving App you should gracefully shut it down using Quick System Info Pro, Processes Tab, touch the App, and select End Task.

Force Stop is as the name implies. Whenever I see Force Close or Force Stop I know this is usually a last resort option.

Quick System Info Pro is not a task killer by design. Quick System Info Pro is a utility application for quick access of the basic system information for your Android platform, including information for CPU, memory, SD Card, running processes, network states and installed applications.

One of the main uses for Quick System Info Pro is to identify Apps that are imposing their will at Startup without people knowing it. Quick System Info Pro should be used in conjunction with Startup Cleaner 2.0 to limit unnecessary Startup Apps which can become a drain on the Fire's 512 MB memory.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-29-2011 at 07:14 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote