View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Hi kiwidude,

I have a suggestion for your consideration re: the XPGT margins option.

The scenario is for a retail epub (minus DRM) which has a .xpgt file and has no need for a calibre epub-epub conversion. The epub will either have:
- margins in the .xpgt plus margins in the epub .css
- margins only in the .xpgt

For the former I can see that you would want to remove the .xpgt margins completely.

For the latter, if you remove the .xpgt margins, you would end up with no margins at all, which can be rather cramped on the device. In this case it might be nice to have the option to set .xpgt margins to match those specified in Prefs - Common Options - PageSetup. This should result in the same page margins you would have got if you'd done an epub-epub conversion, but without the conversion 'risk'.
There is a much better way to deal with the page template file. I do it all the time when there is one. I delete the file. No need for it. I remove the reference to it from the OPF file and I remove the reference to it from all the XML files. Then it is gone and gone forever. It was never needed in the first place. I've never see anyone do anything with it that you cannot do is CSS.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote