View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #7
Dave W
Connoisseur
Dave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enoughDave W will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-600 & Nook ST w/glow light
Thanks, Charlie, but I am not trying to defeat DRM. I have legitimately borrowed an ebook that I had previously borrowed, but didn't finish reading. I was frustrated that I could not transfer the book to my Sony reader using Calibre. I was able to do the transfer using Adobe Digital Editions. I thought that I had deleted all copies of the previous loan from my hard drive and from the reader. Apparently, I either missed something or residual information is left on the reader that tripped up Calibre. Please note that I was able to load the new copy into Calibre and read it there if I wished. I just could not transfer it to the reader. ADE overcame that. Since the current problem is solved by ADE, I'll have wait until I run into this again before trying the other approaches suggested in this thread. Again, I have no wish to defeat DRM. I just want to transfer a legitimate copy of a borrowed book to the reader using Calibre.

Dave W
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote