View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #22
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtintle View Post
Hello, just had a thought of a plugin idea for Calibre:
I wish I could set calibre to take my list of authors, and find new releases from an author and let me know in a popup box, could do it once a week, maybe by checking against Amazon or something like that....I don't know if anyone else would be interested in it, just thought i would throw it out there
Nice idea. I wonder if there is a "better" source of that data for new releases in terms of identifying for an author what they have released recently/upcoming etc. FantasticFiction is fine but the data is unstructured, I dunno if Amazon has a "structured" source of the data either.

I keep my favourite authors in a user category, I think it would be great from time to time to be able to use a plugin to find out what books they have coming out or that I may have missed without having to one by one look them up...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote