View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 07:12 PM   #11
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
Hello! I have just experienced this for the first time twice in the past two days, editing an epub with Calibre's editor and having it say: "No such file or directory: 'META-INF/container.xml'
Python function terminated unexpectedly
C:\Users\JEANNE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_0ivav e\ozej2q.epub is not a valid EPUB file (could not find opf) (Error Code: 1)"
.. when I tried to reopen it. I was simply editing the text and adding some .css to the the stylesheet.

The second time I had a problem - today - I only realised there was a problem when I tried to run the spellcheck and it threw up an error. Luckily I had a backup copy on my reader which I was able to copy over and re-edit. The re-edit was fine, no issues even though I did the same things. Yesterday I was able to reconvert the file in Calibre, replacing what had disappeared (*that* may have been my fault as I was using some broad regex search and replace commands that may have caused that issue)

I'm running V3.0 on Win10, have since July and these two instances are the first problems I've had. I did notice that after I had this error message my Temp file in Appdata was pretty clean, which makes me think Windows may have dumped temp files?
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote