View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #68
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
I keep hearing about these Fictionwise coupons. I'd never used their site before, but 60% is 60% so I made an account there last night, and... I find their site incredibly hard to navigate. Is it just me? Does it get better? I couldn't even really determine if they are indie-only or if they carry mainstream stuff -- I couldn't find any of my usual mainstream searches, but maybe I was Doin It Rong.
I can be a pain, but they carry at least a little of everything, both indie and mainstream. (Whether any of it is anything you want is subjective, of course.) I've been using them for years, and through a few site changes, so I guess I'm used to it. (I'm also getting used to the fact that sometimes whole lines of books get culled from the site, usually right before I'm going to buy it.)

One good thing is that you can filter your results by format, so if you just want DRM-free multi-format, you can set it to only show those.

You may have noticed that the books have tags in the description area - I sometimes find it more fruitful to tag-hop than to use their genre browsing.

The ratings are almost useless, in my opinion.

I guess it's just a matter of whether you can tolerate the site long enough to find something there. Sorry, guess that wasn't very helpful.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote