View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 06:37 AM   #80
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
Still, I find the scripts very useful.
Scripting is always useful if you know what you are doing. I use them since years very heavily for some of my libraries, especially where I need to process huge amount of record batches fast and automatically.
The point is, as you mentioned too, that this will not improve availability and quality of metadata within calibre. This depends on the availability and quality from metadata providers.
I recognize over the time that quality metadata sources massively restrict the availability for free of charge public api's and if available they restrict their usage in respect of record volume.
Most of my sources for quality metadata need a account for closed circle of members.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote