View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 12:22 PM   #82
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Yeah, but has anyone read this sucker!?

I want to know if it's any good. Or if it's a real stinker!
After all this speculation and comment I have to read this book. Online photos of Edward Ball Wakulla Springs State Park in the panhandle certainly look jungle-ly to me.

The book begins:
Quote:
Wakulla Springs. A strange and unknown world, this secret treasure lies hidden in the jungle of northern Florida. In its unfathomable depths, a variety of curious creatures have left a record of their coming, of their struggle to survive, and of their eventual end. Twenty-five thousand years after they disappeared from the face of the Earth, the bones of prehistoric mastodons, giant armadillos, and other primeval monsters have been found beneath the seemingly placid surface of the lagoon. The visitor to this magical place enters a timeless world of mystery.
Wikipedia says:
Quote:
Paleo Indians are known to have camped at the spring 12,000 years ago, where they hunted mastodons, bison and other ancient animals. The bottom of the spring bowl is littered with bones of mastodons, giant sloths, giant armadillos and camels.
Wakulla Springs State Park sounds like such an interesting place that it has gone on my road trip goal. Since I've only made it to Arizona on this west-to-east adventure, it will be awhile until I get there. Anyway, Wakulla Springs is now at the top of my TBR.

Last edited by BelleZora; 03-23-2014 at 12:25 PM.