View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 12:55 PM   #3
pazos
cosiņeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by flakyconfusion View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and not sure if you guys allow troubleshooting posts on here or not so let me know if this is the wrong place to put this.
I've had my Likebooks Muses for a couple months and have noticed that it only charges with the included cable. The included cable is USB-C to USB-A connection with no power adapter so I can only charge via my laptop. I have tried multiple cables that are USB-C to USB-C. I don't have any extra USB-A to USB-C but I wouldn't think that would matter. I have also tried charging through my laptop and through wall adapters with USB-C to USB-C so I'm not sure why it won't charge with other cables. The main reason I bought the Muses is for the USB-C connection so I would only have to carry one cable for my laptop, phone, and ereader. Any ideas or is it some special sort of cable that I don't know about?
Likebook devices are using an usb c socket but they're not compliant with USB3.1. I don't know if they even wire things accordly or they're just using the subset of USB2.0 (D+, D-, GND, 5v). See https://electronics.stackexchange.co...o-usb-a-pinout

A power charger with a female usb-c plug should be able to charge them, even if they didn't implement power delivery (because the specs say: start at 5v and try to negotiate). In the case of a computer I just don't know but if I were to blame one party I guess I would blame Boyue and not your laptop manufacturer/vendor
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote