View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 08:21 AM   #241
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by please55 View Post
With this update I noticed that highlights were harder to make without errors and moving the cursor was less fluid than the previous firmware. Also after making a highlight, try drag one of the markers was impossible and I often had to start over and make sure I hit the spots just right.

Anyone else experience this or should I go through with an exchange for the device?

Kobo Clara HD
I'm sure it's the firmware. My Original H2O is sometimes up to 15 seconds delay for menu to appear or rest of highlight. Other times nearly as fast as when I got it.
Mitigating to improve highlight speed: Larger font, larger margins, larger line spacings and using SD card.
No effect: kepub vs epub vs an epub renamed to keypub.
No better on 50K book rather than 130K word book
No effect on books with or without footnotes.

It's disastrous to accidently change direction on same line rather than definitely move down by more than a line. That either kills touch or freezes the Kobo. Power off / sleep cover for LONG enough or a reset cures it.

Kobo can and does ignore email. Only publicly shaming them about long term issues (some bugs, some deliberate), poor firmware and testing will force a change in attitude.

There is also an intermittent bug regarding recognising publisher and series information of books loaded from Calibre. Sometimes a reset fixes it, or taking card out with powered down, powering up, power down, insert card and power up. Or copy books to a different card and swap cards while power off.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote