Thread: Touch pdf and k2pdfopt on kobo
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 04:01 AM   #1
metita
metita is a rising star in the heavensmetita is a rising star in the heavensmetita is a rising star in the heavensmetita is a rising star in the heavensmetita is a rising star in the heavensmetita is a rising star in the heavensmetita is a rising star in the heavensmetita is a rising star in the heavensmetita is a rising star in the heavensmetita is a rising star in the heavensmetita is a rising star in the heavens

Device: none
pdf and k2pdfopt on kobo

hi everybody! it's my first post here.
I was thinking to buy a kobo touch N905 (i don't know the last letter after 905, does it make any difference?) from a well known chinese store (i don't know if i'm allowed to post the link). The price would be quite low, about 45$. The seller says that the product is "95%" new because it came from stock not sold on Japanese store: would you buy it? :-)
Consider that i would buy it as a replacement of a 7" android tablet/4.3" android phone for reading pdf reshaped by k2pdfopt (reading on a LCD panel isn't so pleasant and the battery got drained really fast).
My question is: since reshaped pdf by k2pdfopt can be quite heavy (i recently converted a 700 pages pdf book into a 3600+ pages pdf with a file size more than 100 mb), will the kobo touch support it? Should i expect some bad delays when turning pages? Has anyone experience with similar pdf?
Also, how long does a battery charge last reading pdf? (in terms of hours)
Finally, i also read on this forum that exist a porting of k2pdfopt that runs directly on kobo. Does it require some hacking/rooting of the device? (i mean, does you risk to "brick" the reader installing the app?).
Thank you!
metita is offline   Reply With Quote