View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 10:13 AM   #2672
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Who apparently never met a name she couldn't mispronounce.
My pet peeve. Nothing ruins an audiobook for me faster and permanently, unless it's just the odd one-off. And then I get over it. Eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel
And the pacing was horrible and choppy. Really, why do publishers DO THIS?!
The production values for audiobook can seem to be nonexistent; it especially irritates me that there's frequently no apparent oversight and also an unwillingness to go back and fix errors even though they're corrected in subsequent uses. But I also agree that some of the so-called talent is dreadful, objectively speaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I personally prefer the same voice talent for a series. You would think that whomever makes the decisions on that sort of thing would make every effort to keep the same narrator if they are satisfied with the narrator.
I tend to prefer the first narrator I hear in a series; it's so jarring to have to readjust the voices in your head when there's a change. I try to reserve judgment and I also realize that there are a lot of factors especially with a prolific author; sometimes other narrators are easily good enough and I come around on them. And then you hit one that spoils it. Sigh.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote