View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #21
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Here's Canti v1.8

Biggest addition here is auto split 2-page portrait scans! I am so proud of this feature as it uses my own two-page detection algorithm, and it works correctly almost all the time on the manga I've tested. However, since I could only work on it based on tests of my own manga there is no guarantee it will work right for you. So if you give it a try and its accuracy sucks then let me know and I'll add in the ability for the user to tweak it. For now I've kept all two-page detection settings hidden so that the user doesn't have to worry about them.

New to version 1.8:
-Auto split 2-page portrait scans
If enabled then Canti will attempt to automatically split portrait scans that contain two pages into separate images. Canti will try to only split two-page portrait scans where the two pages don't form one giant image.
Note that this is not perfect... sometimes it will split scans which shouldn't be split or doesn't split scans that should have been split. It uses an algorithm which I came up with myself to try to detect the space between two pages in a scan. The algorithm isn't perfect, but it's fast and it works pretty damn well.
There are additional options that you can specify when using this feature:
@auto_split_r_first: This value determines if the right side of the image should come before the left side (like with manga books).
@allow_auto_split_color_scans: Allows or prevents the auto splitter from splitting color images. I've defaulted this to off since two-page color scans in manga usually form one giant image.
This is set up in the .properties file.
-Improved page ordering
Previous page ordering moved cover pages to the front and credits to the back (based on filenames).
Now also attempts to place inserts after the covers, checks if a cover is a back cover, and doesn't alter the ordering if the order is already forced through a number naming scheme.
-Unarchive input image folders
If enabled then any input image archive will be unarchived to a folder and then the archive will be deleted.
This value supersedes @archive_input_image_folders and is useful if you need to test individual images within an archive collection.
This is set up in the .properties file.
-Other tweaks
Too hard to remember everything, but as always the latest release of Canti is always the best version to use.

Enjoy and let me know if it works for you
Attached Files
File Type: zip Canti_v1.8.zip (66.1 KB, 272 views)

Last edited by lilman; 06-19-2010 at 05:30 PM.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote