View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 05:10 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
Casanova's memoirs are perfect for presentation in eBook format, by the way... its sheer size (3000+ printed pages, 5000+ 6" size eBook pages) makes it unwieldy for print publication, and one gets the impression that publishers are always holding back material that could and should be included. Hundreds of Casanova's letters and myriad articles and musings of his also survived, after all.

I imagine with all the materials that are available with reasonable ease, a sort of ultimate electronic edition could be raised up to 6000+ pages or even more with any meaningful amount of commentary, and dozens of illustrations from various historical editions in the past.
Are you going to create an ebook of the French original? That would be great! As I reported elsewhere, a Spanish translation has been published a couple of months ago, and it has had very good reviews and ratings (it was one of the 10 books of the year in a newspaper, it was the only book getting a 9 in a website), so I'm looking forward to reading it, and best in the original French
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote