View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 12:09 PM   #2
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Plenty of Kobo Touch users are perfectly happy with their Kobo, but a 2-year old device versus one that's just been released? Unless the former is a fair bit cheaper, I'd be snapping up the T3. (Here in the UK the Kobo Touch has been reduced to £30-£50 - at £30 I'd buy it over the £99 T3 ), but at the same price, there'd be no contest.

If you aren't interested in a lighted reader (Kobo Glo or Aura?) then I'd take the T3. You will have more font and text customisation options with the Kobo, but the T3 has increased screen resolution & faster processor. Page turns, book selection etc will all feel a lot faster. And if you are borrowing from a library, the Sony's have a slight advantage in that you can browse from your ereader and borrow directly from the library - every other reader you have to borrow library books via your computer then load them onto your reader (only a plus if thats a feature that might interest you).

I'm also not sure what the negative reviews are of the Sony, they have generally been pretty solid, their firmware tends to be a lot more robust than Kobo. The criticism of Sony has been that they don't seem to be putting the same effort into their ereader business, and have lost a lot of ground by not competing with Kobo & Amazon with a lighted reader.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote