View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
ittiandro
Connoisseur
ittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notesittiandro can name that song in three notes

Device: JuliusvonJD
EPub conversion problem with Calibre

I have a bunch of e-books in Djvu format which I want to convert to EPUB for use with an Android tablet I just ordered. Since I couldn’t find any software converting directly from Djvu to EPub, I am trying do do it in two steps: converting from Djvu to to PDF and then to Epub with Calibre.
I tried many softwares ( PDF Lite, Nova PDF, A-Pdf to Djvu) . The conversion to PDF is OK, but I cannot get the final conversion to E-Pub in Calibre: the last (free) software I tried ( Boxsoft) looks very user friendly, but even with it I cannot convert to Epub. At least I am getting some symptoms of what is going wrong: when I load the viewer in Calibre , it takes a minutes or so for the Epub file to get loaded: it says “ loading e-book” then “ loading flow” and finally I get a page filled with black bars instead of the printed lines… Sometimes I also get a warning about a script problem..
Does anybody know what is the problem and how can I solve it? I don’t know if the problem is with Calibre or with software used to convert to PDF.May be I should find an alternative to Calibre.

Thank you for your help

Ittiandro
ittiandro is offline   Reply With Quote