View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #6
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
So, Pat, the ghost files/covers, were they for books that you never even opened in the Nook reader app?
Yes. I think I only opened the native nook reader once or twice -- when I first bought the device and just to see how the reader was.

I know how the ghost books got there. With Calibre Companion you can designate any folder anywhere on your device -- card or internal -- to put your books. A few times since I first started using the app I re-imported my books to the Nook, using a new folder to deposit them in while simply deleting the old folder of books. The problem was probably there for months, but I just noticed it the last week. I had like 3 copies of some books showing up in the Nook's library -- 1 actual book plus 2 ghost versions!

Quote:
I was checking the Nook app out, and I don't like it much....
Yeah, as a reading app for books, it doesn't offer as much as some of the other android apps. But if you ever want to read pdfs on your device, check it out. I like its navigation. It's a nice option to have.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote